Building on LFS

Frank Schafer frank.schafer at setuza.cz
Thu Oct 4 22:18:38 PDT 2001

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 08:24:47AM +0200, Frank Schafer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've tried to use LFS as I know it on "normal" GNU-Linux systems
> > (building - configuring - using) but howdy ...
>
> Didn't you post this to lfs-dev already? I just replied there (yes I know I
> should've moved it to this list, i just thought i was in lfs-support mbox
> already).
>
> Next time, please don't cross-post like this, it just confuses things.
>
> the short answer is: reinstall dynamic gcc using the gcc patch mentioned in
> the lfs book. then reinstall every library you have installed, try
> reinstalling Glibc too.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

> --

Hi Gerard,

I can't post to lfs-dev ( I'm not a member of this list. ).
Thanks for the quick reply ( and help ). It's realy IT. The reason was the
''strip --strip-unneeded'' mentioned in pre-3. This in fact leaves all
static libs unuseable. So I'll have to rebuild everything, that built static
libs.

BTW: I can't find the patch mentioned in the book nowhere. Can You
give me a hint, how to find it?

Thanks
Frank