LFS on 2 PCs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 4 20:38:18 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:42:29PM +0200, Wolfgang Messingschlager wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope I use the correct email for support for LFS.
>
> I want to install LFS on 2 of my PCs
> - Pentiom 350 MHz with Suse 7.2
> - Pentium  60 MHz with SuSe 6.1
>
> In order to shorten the procedure I think it should be possible to
> create the LFS partition
> with statically linked binaries according to chapter 5 on the first PC.
> After that there should be no problem to copy all files to second PC.
>
> But I think the same procedure is not possible after chapter 6 because
> of different CXXFLAGS
> and CFLAGS settings.
>
> How is the situation if I use the same CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS settings?

make sure CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS include the proper options to compile
binaries for a 586, like setting something like CFLAGS="-march=i586"

You should also look into something we've come to call "the uname hack".
Use the search engine at search.linuxfromscratch.org to find out more about
it in the mailing list archives.

--
Gerard Beekmans