Depmod (was loopback related error)

Cameron Hooper cameron at hooper.net
Thu Oct 4 19:23:27 PDT 2001

received the following reply.

On Friday 05 October 2001 06:44 am, you wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
> look in the FAQ on www.linuxfromscratch.org , you're problem is described
> there

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting your time with a question that is
answered quite clearly in the FAQ.

I recompiled net-tools and the error has gone away. However, I first tried
the workaround suggested in the fax and re-ran depmod. Running depmod
produced the following error message:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.8/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpuid.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.8/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/microcode.o
           [large list of similar errors snipped ]

I've searched the FAQ :-) and can't find an answer.  Any suggestions?

Cameron
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org