Network Issues

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 4 09:40:27 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:10:26PM +0100, Timothy Greaves wrote:
> Gerard...
>
> I thought you might like to know that I got my network card working in
> 2.4.8. I made a REALLY stupid mistake when I kept recompiling the
> kernel, I never actually replaced the lfskernel file, and never bothered
> to check lilo.conf, so I was continually booting from my old kernel,
> which obviously was not set up right.

Well, yeah that'll do it. But in the end you figured it out, and I'm pretty
sure you won't make this same mistake again ;)

Btw, I'm sure everybody has done it before, recopmile the kernel a few
times without updating /boot/lfskenrel and rerunning lilo.  I know I have
before ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org