gcc-2.95.3; may be an ncurses or glibc error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 4 09:29:33 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 06:43:22AM +0200, Martin Schultheiss wrote:
> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> > Why did you compile Glibc without the linuxthreads package?
>
> I didn't compile Glibc with linuxthreads because the package was neither
> mentioned in the LFS Book nor contained in the package i've downloaded,
> so I thought it is not necessary...

Yes the package is mentioned.

In chapter 3:

Glibc (2.2.4) - 11,932 KB:
ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-packages/cvs/glibc-2.2.4.tar.bz2
http://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-packages/cvs/glibc-2.2.4.tar.bz2

Glibc-linuxthreads (2.2.4) - 161 KB:
ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-packages/cvs/glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4.tar.bz2
http://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-packages/cvs/glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4.tar.bz2

----

In chapter 6 - installing glibc:

Installation of Glibc

Before starting to install glibc, you must cd into the glibc-2.2.4
directory and unpack glibc-linuxthreads inside the glibc-2.2.4 directory,
not in /usr/src as you normally would do.

-------

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org