Minimum Linux-installation for embedded project

Stephan Henningsen stephan at nerd.dk
Thu Oct 4 02:15:13 PDT 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Frank Schafer wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> in Your place I'd try some Linux-mini distribution. There are a lot, and
> You won't have the trouble of building all the stuff ( including kernel).

I don't mind building as long as it pays off in the end.
That is: I get full control over what lies on my dist and
everything is linked dynamically thus optimized for size.

And I do need to compile the kernel by hand, since I need
silly netadapters and ROM-file system support hardly
included in any other dist.

> Give freshmeat.net a try. I think that's the place where I met the
> distros mentioned.

Yes, thanks.
I've just heard of YARD and I will try that.

--
Stephan Henningsen  /
                   /  tisprut productions[tm]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org