gcc-2.95.3; may be an ncurses or glibc error

Martin Schultheiss mail at martin-schultheiss.de
Wed Oct 3 21:43:22 PDT 2001

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Why did you compile Glibc without the linuxthreads package?

I didn't compile Glibc with linuxthreads because the package was neither
mentioned in the LFS Book nor contained in the package i've downloaded,
so I thought it is not necessary...

> As well as your gcc problem, results from a glibc without linuxthreads.
>
> You can try to install gcc and add the option --enable-threads=none but it
> really is a lot better to compile Glibc with linuxthreads. Without threads,
> you will find a lot of software just won't run.

OK, now i've installed linuxthreads and compiled the packages again, and
everything works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Martin
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org