gcc-2.95.3; may be an ncurses or glibc error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 20:43:51 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:27:23AM +0200, Martin Schultheiss wrote:
> Before compiling gcc i had also trouble compiling glibc and ncurses:
> For configuring glibc i had to set an extra option to compile glibc
> without the linuxthreads-package.

Why did you compile Glibc without the linuxthreads package? The missing
pthread.h file comes from linuxthread. And your ncurses error results from
a missing linuxthreads.

As well as your gcc problem, results from a glibc without linuxthreads.

You can try to install gcc and add the option --enable-threads=none but it
really is a lot better to compile Glibc with linuxthreads. Without threads,
you will find a lot of software just won't run.

> BTW: Can you tell me how to write error-messages to a file? "command >
> filename" does only print the standard-output to the file, but not the
> error-messages, and i don´t want to write down all the error messages.

add 2>&1 to it and it will copy stderr to stdout

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org