problems booting LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 15:06:41 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:32:02AM +0200, Isaac Clerencia Pérez wrote:
> instructions), i select the lfs kernel image, and after uncompressing
> the kernel image, the system halts.

> This is my lilo.conf:
>
> lba32
> boot=/dev/hda
> root=/dev/hdc2
> install=/boot/boot.b
> map=/boot/map
> prompt
> delay=100
> timeout=100
> vga=normal
> default=Linux
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
> 	label=Linux
> 	read-only
>
> image=/boot/lfskernel
> 	label=lfs
> 	root=/dev/hdc2
> 	read-only
>
> I've my LFS partition in /dev/hdc2, in my secondary hard disk drive ...

First of all, what is the last thing you see on your screen before things
halt?

And, for the vmlinuz image, what is it's root directory? In the global part
of lilo.conf (the top part) it reads root=/dev/hdc2 which is the same as
the LFS partition. It looks to me that you aren't able to boot your host
distribution at the moment (unless you pass something like
LILO: Linux root=/dev/myoldroot

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org