Trouble compiling GCC-2.95.3

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 09:31:55 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:56:17PM +0100, Giles Bathgate wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble compiling GCC-2.95.3
> its keeps telling me there is No rule to make target `bootstrap'.
>
> what could this mean?

Most likely a problem occured during running the "configure" script. The
best thing to do at the moment, is remove the gcc-build directory,
re-create it and re-run the configure script. This time, please save the
output from the script and email it to us. That way we can compare it to
what our configure script would tell us (on a gcc that does build
correctly) and see if there are any changes. It may indicate something is
missing on your host distribution, or something is too old, etc.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org