troubleshooting-upgrading

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 09:26:15 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:09:25AM +0300, Aggelos wrote:
> I suggest including a let say "critical updates log", where all critical or
> most important updates should be listed, with respect to the previous lfs
> version,
> for example in lfs-3.0 with respect to lfs-3.0-pre4. And next to each
> critical update, some brief directions/instrucions as to what actions should
> be taken regarding the update, always with respect to the previous version
> installation.

An "Upgrade" section may be a nice thing to have. I agree that the
changelog can be quite long sometimes and it's hard to figure out whether a
change made in the book requires you to reinstall the package. Sometimes
it's just an installation optimization that results in the same output,
just with fewer keystrokes, or something like that.

I've added this to Bugzilla, it'll be added to the book. I can't say when
though. There's a lot of other stuff that we need to take care of too.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org