Problems compiling GCC

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Wed Oct 3 09:10:05 PDT 2001

Hi,

I'm currently building LFS on my 486, starting with Slackware 8.0 as the
base system.

I've got to the stage of building GCC 2.95.3 with my chrooted LFS
directory, but make bootstrap gives me

... stuff ...

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc'
cd ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc; autoconf
/bin/sh: autoconf: command not found
make[1]: *** [../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/configure] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

I haven't installed autoconf into my LFS system yet as it comes later in
the LFS-book chapter!  I assume that either I need autoconf to build GCC,
or that GCC can be told not to use autoconf.

Can anyone help me?

TIA
Carl

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org