problem moving files when installing LFS in one single partition mode

Mike Tharp (#94) chexmeexNO at S.P.A.M.home.com
Tue Oct 2 21:52:15 PDT 2001

> I am doing it in one single partition. I have created my LFS filesystem in
> the file /tmp/lfs.disk as indicated in the hint :
>
> http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/one-partition-hint.txt

I tried this.  What a pain!  I ended up cp -av the mounted image to a spare
240 MB hard drive (formated of course).  I needed the image situation
because I use a Promise ATA RAID card, which now holds /usr, among other
things.  Redhat uses a proprietary driver for that card.  It twas fun.  Good
luck, and I recommend copying the image to another drive.

-Mike Tharp

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org