sysklogd and linux-2.4.10

Jesse McCrosky mccrosky at ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 2 19:16:17 PDT 2001

Ok Here's the details.  A pretty basic 3.0 install: only differences I
can think of are linux-2.4.10 and the ncurses patch.  Here's the error:

gcc  -O3 -DSYSV -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -fno-strength-reduce -DFSSTND
 -c ksym_mod.c
In file included from ksym_mod.c:96:
/usr/include/linux/module.h:62: parse error before `atomic_t'
/usr/include/linux/module.h:62: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
or union
/usr/include/linux/module.h:62: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
or union
/usr/include/linux/module.h:64: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/linux/module.h:64: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class
/usr/include/linux/module.h:93: parse error before `}'
ksym_mod.c:138: field `module' has incomplete type
ksym_mod.c: In function `AddModule':
ksym_mod.c:412: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
make: *** [ksym_mod.o] Error 1

Attached is my module.h file.  My CMPUT 201 level c-skills tell me it's
fine tho...  Maybe a problem with my gcc???

Thanks.