problem moving files when installing LFS in one single partition mode

Scott Haugaard dino at coprolite.com
Tue Oct 2 11:51:49 PDT 2001

You are in danger land.  Be careful.  :)
One thing that might help with your migration is:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/superrescue/
It is a CD you can boot from and then mount/move your filesystem.  If you can
boot off the CD, you can fix what is messed up.  There are other similar
diskette sets you can use.  Remember to run lilo from your chrooted
environment.  I personally like to use tar to copy filesystems:
tar cvpf - . | tar xpv -C /newfilesystem
But I hear that cp  works fine now too.

Scott

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org