problem moving files when installing LFS in one single partition mode

Pablo Pita Leira pablo.pita at pitagoral.com
Tue Oct 2 11:01:32 PDT 2001

Hello,

I am trying to figure out to to finish my LFS system.

I am doing it in one single partition. I have created my LFS filesystem in
the file /tmp/lfs.disk as indicated in the hint :

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/one-partition-hint.txt

So, now I have everything installed in the lfs.disk file. The hint says (for
possibility 1, getting rid of the old distribution):

You've chosen the 1. possibility?

Mount the main partition to "/mnt" in the chroot'ed environment suggesting
your main partition is /dev/hda1, otherwise fill in what is necessary:

	mount /dev/hda1 /mnt

My problem is that I have /dev/hda1 already mounted. Besides, it is going to
be always mounted as for accessing the /tmp/lfs.disk, the /dev/hda1 partition
has neccessarily to be mounted.

What am I missing here ? Any enlightmen greatly apreciated.

Please reply also to my e-mail as I am not subscribed to this list.
--
Pablo Pita Leira

Software development, integration & testing
pablo.pita at pitagoral.com
Tel: +49 (0)69 60504293
mobile: +49 (0)173 794 1704

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org