options in /etc/fstab about vfat filesystem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 13:24:13 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 04:15:17PM -0400, arbeizaf at ono.com wrote:
> I known smbfs filesystem supports that options, and, in my Mandrake
> system, vfat also does. Have they, maybe, patched the kernel for the
> vfat support?

That is a possibility. Or, Mandrake's mount command has been patched so
that it supports the fmask and dmask options. I'm not sure. Or, it's a
special mount program that comes with the samba distribution. Perhaps you
should download samba and see if they have a different mount program, or a
patch for the mount program from the util-linux package.

> P.S. Thanks, and go on with LFS, please. I'm having great times
> installing it.

I'm very pleased to hear that

--
Gerard Beekmans