options in /etc/fstab about vfat filesystem

arbeizaf at ono.com arbeizaf at ono.com
Mon Oct 1 12:50:44 PDT 2001

Hi,

I have installed LFS 3.0 from Mandrake 8.0.

The file /etc/fstab from Mandrake contains this:

/dev/hda2 /mnt/datos vfat
user,umask=000,fmask=111,dmask=000,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

And all works fine. When this vfat partition is mounted, directories and
files have the permissions I want.

But when I mount the partition using that configuration in my LFS,
directories and files have the permissions that umask=000 tells, instead
of the ones I want (from fmask and dmask). Mount command don't show any
error message.

Any idea about what is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando Arbeiza
Cantabria, Spain

P.S. I know my english is not quite good. Sorry about that.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org