Problem with Tar

David Jackson dave at flip-mode.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 12:38:34 PDT 2001

Hi

I've now finished installing LFS 3.0-RC1 using Mandrake 7.2 as the host
system thanks to a little help from you.

I have however found a problem with tar.  It seems to hang the shell i.e. it
does nothing and the only way I can get it to stop doing nothing is to do a
Ctrl-C.  However it does work on bz2 files when used in conjunction with
bzcat.  I have tried to reinstall but get the same results.

Any ideas?

Buy the way thought I'd let you know how much I've enjoyed building my LFS
system.  Possibly the most rewarding and educational thing I've done with
Linux since getting interested in the whole thing.

Thanks

Dave

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org