X-list tags in emails from the lists

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 10:11:06 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:47:33AM -0700, Mike Hildebrandt wrote:
> When the mailing lists all changed over, I started filtering my email on the
> X-list headers, instead of the To: headers that I used previously.
> Everything worked fine with the To: headers, but now I'm finding that the
> occasional email comes through that's missing the appropriate X-list header,
> so my filters don't catch it and it stays in my Inbox instead of my (b)lfs-*
> folders.  Is this happening to others as well, or just me?

I filter on X-List: headers as well and so far I haven't noticed any
problems with this. Perhaps it's possible that a different filter is
triggered which does something but leaves the message in the Inbox.

When/if it happens again, can you let me know whose email caused the
problem on your end? I can then compare my copy of that email and see if
the X-List: header is indeed missing or not.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org