Need clarification on devfs

Todd Pytel tppytel at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 13:11:03 PST 2001

Hiya-

Just want to make sure I handle this correctly. I'm building an LFS
system using Slack 8.0 as a host.  I want to try using devfs on the LFS
system. The Slack host does not use devfs.  The devfs hint says that,
for using devfs from scratch, you basically just skip the MAKEDEV step
and the rest should go well.  Is this true even if the host system does
not use devfs? I just installed Glibc - do I just continue as usual, and
make sure to install a devfs-enabled kernel at the end?  Or does the
host need devfs in order to get things properly installed when I'm
chrooted?

Thanks,
Todd

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org