Bash-haters anonymous

chukhung at yahoo.com chukhung at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 11:50:13 PST 2001

I realize most Linux users consider me sick and twisted for saying
this, but I don't like bash--I prefer the Korn shell.

Does anybody have any tips on compiling ksh93?

More to the point (since this is lfs-support), has anyone tried
building an entire LFS system without bash?  I'm guessing it probably
won't work since I figure at least some software in a stock LFS setup
relies on Bash and won't work with a generic Posix shell.

Has anyone done a grep on an entire source tree looking for
"#!/bin/bash"?  Does anybody know of any glaring incompatibilities
between bash and ksh93 when they're called as /bin/sh?

I'm considering trying it and seeing how far I get.  If someone has
already done it, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for any advice,
CK