extreme newbie

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Fri Nov 30 11:12:50 PST 2001

I had to use a gig of space or so to get it all built. I used resize2fs to
make it down to 640000 blocks, leaving some space left. I want to burn to
CD, cdrw's are slow but both reader and writer in my machine will read
them. When I ran mkisofs image | cdrecord blank=fast speed=4 dev=0,0 -
I just got a file named image on the disk. I want to boot the kernel on the
disk when I pop the CD in, which is in /boot/bzImage, but how do I turn the
ext2 image in to an iso CD image to burn? I happened to back up the disk
before erasing it by doing
dd if=/dev/cdrom1 of=image
It burnt back in tact by going
cdrecord blank=fast speed=4 dev=0,0 image
Although file said it was of type ascii.