LFS on an UltraSPARC (GLIBC woes)

Debian User dan at cj26610-a.manss1.va.home.com
Thu Nov 29 21:35:20 PST 2001

Hello,

I am new to LFS in general, and my first attempt has been on a Sun ULTRA5
workstation.

I have zipped right a long to the part where you go chroot and compile
glibc-2.2.4 (with the exception of a problem encountered while compiling gcc
where it seems I had to specify my architecture as sparc-linux as opposed
to sparc64-linux to get it to compile correctly).

This is merely a meak cry for help, no errors pasted in... I wanted to get
a feel for other peoples work in this area and see if anyone recommends
using certain configure options for building gcc and glibc properly on a
Sun Ultra5.  I get the feeling this has a lot to do with compiling a 32 bit
userland on a 64 bit architecture, but again, I am a newbie to LFS and to
linux on a sparc/sparc64 architecture.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Hamilton