cannot create rc or functions script?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Nov 29 12:26:59 PST 2001

On 29 Nov 2001, at 10:24, jpb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is my third attempt (and I thought lucky one) but I seem to have
> stumbled here somehow.
>
> If I try to cut and paste the rc and functions script they halt, requiring
> CTRL-C to stop the command.

Your problem may be that whatever browser you use inserts at least one
space at the left margin of the cut and paste text. If the EOF at the end
of the script text does not start at the very beginning of the line, then
it is not accepted. I suggest you either download the scripts, or use the
ASCII Version of the book and extract the scripts by means of a text
editor.

MSB

----

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org