first reboot woes

John Hogan jhogan2112 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 06:54:22 PST 2001

>Look back at your kernel configuration and make sure your processor type
>is selected. One time I accidentally forgot to change my configuration
>from amd k6 to 386 while compiling for another box and the same
>symptonm(s) appeared.

arrgh... after all the hassling with booting the old kernel, etc, drew was
right after all

cpu was compiling as an i586, but bios was reporting it as pentium mmx
(ick)... choosing the correct options while 'make menuconfig' did the trick...

thanks to all who chimed in, both on and off-list...

- hogan