"&&"

Sander van Vliet maxor at tref.nl
Wed Nov 28 00:50:20 PST 2001

From: "Sven Thomas" <enarcheologos at yahoo.com>
> I just started LFS and it is going resonably well.  I'm a little
confused
as
> to what the "&&" command/option does.  I notice it after commands such
as
> ./configure and so on.  What does it do and what is the new ">" prompt
for?

One post is sufficient, please.

"&&" is defined on the page entitled "Installing Bash-2.05" in Chapter
5,
and your question was also properly answered by Fernando Arbeiza a few
minutes ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "new ">" prompt"... could you please
clarify that point?

// It's the second prompt. When you use && or \ you get a second command

// line. It is configurable from /etc/profile or /root/.bash_profile
under // the name PS2

// Greetz Sander

--
aster