"&&"

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Tue Nov 27 12:59:31 PST 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:42:59PM -0800, Sven Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just started LFS and it is going resonably well.  I'm a little confused as
> to what the "&&" command/option does.  I notice it after commands such as
> ./configure and so on.  What does it do and what is the new ">" prompt for?
> Thanks so much.
>
> Sven

You should read the man page from bash, there, you could read:

       The control operators && and || denote AND  lists  and  OR
       lists, respectively.  An AND list has the form

              command1 && command2

       command2 is executed if, and only if, command1 returns an
       exit status of zero.

--
Fernando Arbeiza
Cantabria, Spain