first reboot woes

Martin Neubauer m.ne at gmx.net
Tue Nov 27 08:31:27 PST 2001

At 02:49 27.11.01, you wrote:

>additional strangeness to report... while i can boot to hdc1 via a generic
>suse cd (lfs seems to be working), it does not boot the new kernel
>(linux-2.4.11), rather, it reports that it's still using suse
>linux-2.2.10... i know this because it's failing to find modules for my
>network card (it's looking at 2.2.10)

This is normal because when you boot to your root fs the kernel on the cd
(2.2.10 in that case) is already running. If you really need the network
card when you booted, just copy the module tree from the cd to
/lib/modules. But I'd only use the cd to do some repair if something went
wrong.

>maybe i need to re-read, or take a refresher course in keyboard operations :-)
>
>thanx in advance...
>
>- hogan

Martin Neubauer

---

The only person getting their homework done by Friday .... was Robinson Crusoe

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org