silly me.... and a static tarball

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Mon Nov 26 18:21:42 PST 2001

Not really, you need all the compilers and the like to even compile them.
It's what's called circular dependencies, but one weird thing. How did the
first gcc ever used get built without a compiled copy? Maybe with another C
compiler, but what built the first of those, and so on back to the first
language ever used? Did people actually have the ability to edit raw
executable code in a text editor of some kind to hack a good enough
compiler together?