silly me.... and a static tarball

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Nov 26 15:16:07 PST 2001

On 27 Nov 2001, at 11:48, Michael Jager wrote:

> Just a thought: would it be possible to make a boot floppy (which allowed
> you to load NIC modules, access CD-ROMs, etc so that Thinus' ``static
> tarball'' could be loaded onto the HD in the machine, and then make it
> bootable from the HD.

I see no reason why should not be able to do that. In fact you don't even
need to copy the /static from CD to hard disk, you can just mount it
there.

> Then, after rebooting, one could download the LFS packages (including
> source code and everything) and build their own system.

I guess it would be better to have the tarballs already on CD in
/static/usr/src/<whatever>

MSB

----
Why is TV called a medium?
Because it's neither rare nor well done.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org