Output from 8139too module

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Nov 26 14:16:18 PST 2001

On 26 Nov 2001, at 19:31, Mike Noordermeer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a little question.
> When starting /etc/init.d/ethnet i always get this kind of things on the
> screen:
>
> eth0: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet at 0xfc00, IRQ 11, 00:40:95:30:43:74.
> eth1: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet at 0xf800, IRQ 9, 00:40:95:30:8a:ad.
>
> They also appear in /var/log/kern.log, so I don't want them to appear on
> the screen.
>
> Does anybody know how to supress these messages?

With swapon there is the same issue and I use

dmesg -n6 #prevent message from swapon
swapon -a
evaluate_retval
dmesg -n7 #allow all messages again

You might need to change -n6 to a lower value depending on the message
level. This works by suppressing kernel messages above a certain urgency
level (here 6).

MSB

----
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago -

The second best is now!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org