Some problems with boot scripts (LFS 3.0)

Steve Ziuchkovski smz at nethere.net
Mon Nov 26 13:32:36 PST 2001

Just got finished installing a system using LFS 3.0. Whew!

Followed the book pretty closely, got a few slightly newer versions of
the different software, and I'm using a 2.4.14 kernel. Using the boot
scripts that are defined in the LFS book. On bootup, I get the
following:

after "Bringing up the loopback interface"
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-4
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-5
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-9

after "Setting clock"
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135

Both show a status of [OK] as well. If I run the commands that seem to
be getting run from the script, I do not get the modprobe errors. Both
seems to do what they're supposed to as well (I've got a loopback at
127.0.0.1!).

At first I thought this had something to do with using the kernel from
my RedHat 7.1 system (also 2.4.14), perhaps I missed something from the
/lib/modules directory. So I recompiled a kernel while booted into my
LFS system, including modules, and I'm still getting the errors.

TIA!

Steve Ziuchkovski
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org