3dfx support

Wolfgang Kerler wolfgang.kerler at epost.de
Mon Nov 26 13:17:09 PST 2001

Thomas wrote:
> I put a.out, ELF and misc in my kernel and I still get the same error
> message . Any idea ?

If I use the ldconfig command ('ldconf /usr/lib/libglide3.so') I get no error
messages at all. But I have no idea what exactly causes your problem, I am
sorry. If you are interested I can send you my own (precompiled) libglide3.so
and the header package; perhaps my version will also work on your system.

My (other) steps to set up DRI were the following:
1. Copy the glide3 files to the system.
2. Install mesa and the glu/glut libs.
I did this _before_ starting with the X installation. So if you already
installed X you will probably have to recompile it:
3. Install X.
You can follow the DRI hint, but you won't need to do that link-only X
installation when using precompiled libglide3.

Thats all I know of this topic; hope it will help you a little bit!

Wolfgang
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org