Static build....

Eric Olinger eric at Supertux.com
Mon Nov 26 12:25:20 PST 2001

thinus pollard wrote:

> I took a gander at the keeping chap5 and chap6 files apart hitn and it
> hit me, why not make a tarball available containing a static build
> according to the hint? I mean, it contains everything you need, and
> should run mostly everywhere  if the i386 target is used.

Only a few problems with doing that. Not everyone who builds a LFS
systems does so with a x86. Personaly ive done it with x86, PPC and I'm
working on a Alpha build. Hell, someone was even doing it on an Amiga.
Part of doing Chapter 5 and such is learning about the system and
learning how everything has to work together.

That would work if you were doing LFS for a bunch of systems or making
your own distro tho.

-Eric

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org