3dfx support

Wolfgang Kerler wolfgang.kerler at epost.de
Mon Nov 26 06:38:54 PST 2001

Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if somebody manage to use a 3dfx voodoo 3. I can't
> get the Direct Rendering on so when I play to my tuxracer, all is very
> slow. I tried to build Glide 3 to use it with DRI but I got the
> following messages :

/(--snip--/)

I had similar problems when I tried to compile glide3x and I were not able to
solve them completely. My solution for the beginning:
Have a look at dri.sourceforge.net, section 'resources'. You will find the
precompiled glide3 library and the corresponding headers there. Just follow
the instructions and copy those files to the right place at your system; this
worked fine for me. Of course this is not the idea of LFS, but it is a first
step to get DRI working.
If you find a better solution somewhere - let me know!

Wolfgang
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org