Help!

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Sun Nov 25 23:23:18 PST 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 01:41:47PM +0800, Benjamin Ong wrote:
> I just followed the instructions in the book.  But when I boot, there are no
> device entries in the /dev folder, only folders with names like cdrom and
> disks.  None of them contain the device entries.  Please help!

It seems like you have enabled devfs into the kernel. You should read the
devfs hint ( http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/devfs.txt ). Then
you could decide wheter you want to use it or not. If you decide to use it,
you should compile every module that create a device into the kernel,
not as a module.

--
Fernando Arbeiza
Cantabria, Spain