Creating directions

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Nov 25 14:35:56 PST 2001

On 25 Nov 2001, at 22:00, Michael Gehm wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I do my first steps with Linuxfromscratch (book 3.0) and fail while
> "creating directories".
>
> My question: is
>
> mkdir -p bin boot dev/pts etc/opt home lib mnt proc root sbin tmp var opt
> for dirname in $LFS/usr $LFS/usr/local
>
> one or two command(s) ?

It's 2 commands but the 2nd command extends up to and including the word
"done" several lines further down.

> I don't know a command "for" ?

That is bad. Get yourself a shell programming tutorial ASAP! It is one of
the most essential commands. I have an excellent tutorial in German that I
could mail you if you want it.

> In both cases I get an error message....

Probably because you forgot all the rest of the "for .... done"
command.

MSB

----
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org