rc boot up errors

lfs at rrod.net lfs at rrod.net
Fri Nov 23 03:16:59 PST 2001

I suspect you have a typo on line 24 of /etc/init.d/functions. I
don't have the materials hear to check, but I am guessing that the
line iss not supposed to have ' rc' at the beginning, or their
dhshould be a space between 'rc' and '#'. '#' starts a comment, and
the system is interpreting the comment as a command because of the
rc# bit. It doesn't know what to do, so bails on
/etc/init.d/functions, which as you cas guess from the name, is some
functions required by the other /etc/rc* scripts. I would try
getting /etc/init.d/functions from LFS again.