top and locales

Martin Neubauer m.ne at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 06:58:54 PST 2001

Hi all,

I have a problem using top. When I start it while having the LANG variable
set (I use "de_DE") it gives "bad data in /proc/uptime" and "bad data in
/proc/loadavg" and exits. To make things worse, it messes up my console so
I have to do a reset to work properly. Does anyone know if this could be
avoided? Otherwise it would be time for me to send a bug report.

Thanks,

Martin Neubauer

The only person getting their homework done by Friday .... was Robinson Crusoe

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org