GCC still not working

McdiarmidClf at aol.com McdiarmidClf at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 06:04:08 PST 2001

Hello

I'm still having problems with getting the C compiler working.    Someone
suggested re-installing Glibc(2.2.4)which I've done with no effect, I've also
reinstalled GCC.    Does anyone know what other packages would cause the C
compiler not to work?      The message when compiling is:

[root at localhost unix]$ ./configureloading cache
./config.cachechecking for ranlib... ranlibchecking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O2 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

MAC