Glibc problems

Wolfgang Kerler wolfgang.kerler at epost.de
Thu Nov 22 05:34:56 PST 2001

Phil Rendell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just got to the stage where I install Glibc
> (http://www.linuxfromscratch.co.uk/view/3.0/ch06-glibc.html), and have typed
> in the commands, and I get told that
>
> 'mknod: `/dev/null': File exists'
>
> If I delete /dev/null or remove 'mknod -m 0666 /dev/null c 1 3 &&' will this
> solve my problem without mucking things up?

Are you sure you typed those commands in chroot'ed environment? Check if you
really changed from your base system into chroot env! If /dev/null already
exists, I think there is no need to recreate it.
But it is also safe to do do a 'rmdir /dev/null' and to rerun the 'mknod -m
0666 /dev/null c 1 3 &&' command. Within chroot, of course.

Hope this will help you!

Wolfgang
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org