How do I make a bootable install CD of my LFS install?

Drew P. Vogel dvogel at intercarve.net
Wed Nov 21 12:29:44 PST 2001

Pretty much just

`mkisofs -R -o install.iso /lfs/mount/point`
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=boot.img
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -b boot.img install.iso

Using your favorite linux boot floppy in the floppy drive. Boot with this
cd, then set up your partitions and mount them under /mnt. Then:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
cp -R -p /cdrom /mnt

Then boot your freshly installed LFS system.

DISCLAIMER: I have never done this, but it should work. There will
probably be a few glitches but I'm sure you can work them out as I will
when the time comes.

--Drew Vogel