localedef

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Tue Nov 20 13:48:26 PST 2001

[20.11.01 13:14 -0300] Eduardo A. Gomez <-- :
> Before run the localedef command I need to create de directory
> /usr/lib/locale/es_AR.

correct, as you do not use the Makefile which would create that
directory for you, you must do it manually before doing localedef

> Is this needed ? is it Ok?

yes, it is needed, /usr/lib/locale contains the compiled country
specific definitions like currency, time, paper size and characters
known for you - those are dependend on the glibc you use, therefore
achitecture dependend and in /usr/lib.

> If I have installed my locale correctly, can I erase the other locales
> in /usr/share/i18n ?

yes.

--
Erika Pacholleck <pchllck at nexgo.de> @@ -18,9 +18,12 @@ -p+pa -h+ho -c+ec