newbie question : libncurses

Luis.Tito-de-Morais at ird.sn Luis.Tito-de-Morais at ird.sn
Tue Nov 20 09:27:19 PST 2001

HI,

I am begining installing lfs starting from a mandrake 8.0 distro on an
IBM PIII.

I am at the very first step, the 3.0 book says :

>Before you attempt to install Bash, you have to check to make sure your
distribution has the
>/usr/lib/libcurses.a and /usr/lib/libncurses.a files.

I can only find the dynamic libs : libncurses.so.x (x= 1, 3, 3.0, 4 etc
up to 5.2)

Can I proceed with the Bash install ? If not what should I do ?

Thank you for any help

L. Tito

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org