localedef

Eduardo A. Gomez egomez at uncoma.edu.ar
Tue Nov 20 08:14:55 PST 2001

Before run the localedef command I need to create de directory
/usr/lib/locale/es_AR.

Is this needed ? is it Ok?

If I have installed my locale correctly, can I erase the other locales
in /usr/share/i18n ?

Thank in advance.

Fernando Arbeiza wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 12:32:07AM +0100, Fernando Arbeiza wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>I'm using this charmap:
>>
>>/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/es.map.gz
>>

> Sorry, that was a mistake, that is my keymap. I think that the localedef command you have to use is something like this:
>
> 	localedef -i es_AR -f ISO-8859-1 es_AR

Lic. Gómez Eduardo Antonio (egomez at uncoma.edu.ar)
Tecnologías de Información
Universidad Nacional del Comahue