crt1.o not built - why?

Hinterleitner, Andreas Andreas.Hinterleitner at eu.sony.com
Tue Nov 20 01:44:28 PST 2001

When I compile gcc 2.95.3 or 3.0.2 statically onto the LFS partition,
everything looks okay except that crt1.o and some other files in
$LFS/usr/lib (crti.o,...) are not installed.

In the log file of the make process (make bootstrap &> make.log), I cannot
find any ocurrence of crt1.o or the other missing files. I don't get error
messages, the compilation/installation process of the compiler runs
flawlessly.

The consequence of this is that after chroot'ing to $LFS, any compilation
attempt (e.g.: cc -o a a.c where a.c consists of the single line:
main(){return(0);}) ends in an error message that ld could not find crt1.o.

What can be the reason that crt1.o is not built?

Andreas

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony UK. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact our Helpdesk by email on  isse.helpdesk at eu.Sony.com.
(05)