copying a lfs installation

Christos Michalislis ifpi at gruyeres.gr
Mon Nov 19 06:33:08 PST 2001

hi,

my LFS v3 backup installation worked fine when I copied everything from
/dev/hdb1 to /dev/hda9.

However, you should be awared of the following issues on the destination
partition, b4 you try to boot it:
- check the entries in /etc/fstab.
- list your new bootable partition in /etc/lilo.conf and reinstall LILO with
        # lilo -b <destination partition/MBR>
to update your boot menu.

- I didn't try to copy the /proc filesystem. Instead, I created the /proc
dir in the new partition (I assume the kernel maintains it for me ;-))

HTH.

PS: This is the first post in the LFS newsgroups, so I would like to thank
all of you guys who contributed to this project. LFS is rock-solid stable!

Christos Michalislis
LFS User ID #819
Desktop & Database Applications Developer
Software Development Department
Gruyeres International ltd.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org