kernel compilation error

Adam Ottley aottley at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 18 10:51:19 PST 2001

On November 18, 2001 12:00 pm, you wrote:

> can i use the bzImage that i complied without entering chroot??

Yes, you can.  It doesn't really matter where the kernel was compiled.  In
fact, some people (myself included) couldn't boot with a kernel built when in
chroot.  I used a kernel built outside chroot and it worked fine.  Once I
booted into the new LFS system, I was able to build a new kernel that worked.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org