GCC not working

McdiarmidClf at aol.com McdiarmidClf at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 12:31:35 PST 2001

Hello

Can anyone help me with a problem I have with gcc starting?   I have a
coomplete LFS system that I've just copied to another hard drive.   I'm
getting the following when I try to compile:

ccchecking whether the C compiler (cc -O2 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686 ) works...
noconfigure:
error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create
executables.

I've reinstalled GCC and created the necessary links, but still no luck.

thanks

MAC